Things I hear every week:
We used to…..
- have daily huddles
- hand out referral business cards
- ask for word of mouth recommendations
- send out a regular patient newsletter
- advertise on the radio
- have fun and regular team meetings before they sold the business
I used to…..
- eat well
- read books
- play golf
- go to the gym
- spend time with the kids
- drink less
- enjoy the dentistry
- spend a lot less time looking at notifications on my phone
Strange, isn’t it, how the “used to” list is almost always a list of things that are good for our business and for us?
In which case – what the hell are we doing with the time that the “used to” list has freed up?
As I recently commented to a friend who asked why Coach Barrow had gone solo again:
“I’ve decided that I want a lifestyle business – primarily because I want a lifestyle.”